COVENANT FOR REGATHERING (PDF)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we, the community of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church Capitol Hill, promise, with God’s help and to the best of our ability, to abide by public health guidelines and the guidelines of the Diocese of Washington as we resume in-person participation in worship and our communal life.
In fulfillment of our Baptismal Covenant, we will:
Love our neighbor as ourselves
• Wear a mask over nose and mouth in church buildings in accordance with posted policy.
• Only attend worship and receive communion when we are healthy and non-symptomatic with the novel coronavirus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant.
Respect the dignity of every human being
• Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of our own households without their permission.
• Maintain a social distance from others in the congregation in accordance with posted policy.
• Respect any requests for distance or masking to ensure the safety and comfort level of others, even as restrictions are reduced.
• Immediately notify parish leadership upon becoming symptomatic, being diagnosed as positive for the coronavirus, or if it appears there is a risk of infection when attending church.
Seek and serve Christ in all people
• Regather in a manner that welcomes all, especially the most vulnerable among us.
More information on regathering.