Full Sunday In-Person Schedule Returns on September 19, 2021
After much prayer, discernment, and hard work, St. Mark’s leadership has decided that we will return to the following schedule beginning on Sunday, September 19, 2021.
- 9 am Eucharist Service
- 10 am Sermon Seminar
- 10 am Sunday School
- 10:45 Refreshments in courtyard thru October
- 11:15 Eucharist Service (in the Nave and live-streamed on Facebook)*
- 12:15 Virtual Coffee Hour on Zoom *
- 5 pm Eucharist in the Nave and on Zoom* (2nd Sunday of the month in the courtyard)
*Get more detail on how to connect remotely for 11:15 am and 5 pm services, as well as the Virtual Coffee Hour at 12:15 pm.
This is a fluid situation, and we are moving forward with great care. We will take the following measures to care for one another during this time:
- Require people to check-in for in-person events to maintain our ability to contact trace.
- Require mask-wearing in the building at all times. Masks are a non-negotiable reality that we are all living into.
- Encourage vaccination. While we cannot require this for everyone, our community includes children who are not eligible for the vaccine, elders who are vulnerable and immunocompromised people. It is our responsibility to take care of them. Being vaccinated is a loving act. Therefore, we STRONGLY encourage people who come to worship at St. Marks to be vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all staff (kept on file in the office) and volunteers who work with children. We strongly suggest that all volunteers get vaccinated.
Leadership and I will continue to assess where we are on a week-to-week basis. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Take care and continue to be gentle with yourself and each other.
Michele Morgan, Rector
Pre-registration has ended, but masks are still required.
Before you leave home, please continue to be sure that your answer is “Yes” to all of the below questions.
If you are symptomatic or have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19, please stay home and take good care of yourself, letting us know if you need help. Before you come to church your answers should be “Yes” to:
- I agree to wear a mask over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except for briefly removing my mask to take communion.
- I agree I will only attend worship if I am healthy and I am non-symptomatic (symptoms: Fever ≥ 100.4◦F; sore throat; cough; shortness of breath; chills; vomiting, diarrhea or nausea; pink eye; joint or muscle aches; loss of taste or smell)
- I agree to maintain a social distance and to make no physical contact with anyone beyond members of my household without their permission.
- I agree to respect any requests for distance and masking to ensure the safety and comfort level of others, even as restrictions are reduced.
- I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, in the past seven days I have not had contact with any person with a presumed diagnosis of COVID 19.
- I acknowledge that the coronavirus is highly contagious, and there is a risk of infection that is beyond the control of the church in spite of precautions that are being taken. I will make my own decision as to my safety in entering the church building, and for the safety of children and others in my care.
- We continue moving forward cautiously and with care for each other and will make adjustments as needed responding to changes in circumstance